Building on the huge success of the Limmud FSU Canada conferences the last two years that attracted over 1000 participants, we’re happy to invite you to our 3rd annual “Explore” conference!
Conference Date: Sunday, 11th of September, 2016
Conference Location: Schwartz Reisman Center, 9600 Bathurst Street, Vaughan, ON, L6A3Z8
What awaits you at the conference:
- – During the 1-day conference there will be over 40 sessions: lectures, workshops and panel discussions, with over 30 fascinating speakers from various expertise domains, including art, Jewish culture and tradition, history, politics, academics, business and life style experts
- – Master-classes and workshops on painting, cooking, nutrition and exercise
- – Up to 5 session options to choose from at any given timeslot. And if you don’t enjoy the one you chose, you can transition to another mid-session.
- – Wonderful and interactive program for children and teens, led by child education experts
- – Vendor fair, with local vendors exhibiting their work and products
- – Art paintings exhibit by local artists
- – Kosher meals provided throughout the day
- – Music & singing Jamming for those who desire to keep the amazing energy going into the evening
- – Great opportunity to network and socialize, connect with old friends and make new ones
- – The only event of this nature designed to engage our Russian-Jewish-Israeli community
Since the word Limmud translates to Learning from Hebrew, we believe that the most important feature of our conference is to learn. The learning that happens when you attend an interesting lecture, participate in a hands-on workshop, have an interesting talk over dinner, when you learn something about yourself – something that was locked in you until you came here!
The Limmud FSU Canada 2016 Explore program features over 40 lectures, workshops, panel discussions, and interviews with over 30 speakers from Canada and other countries. Each speaker brings to the conference their expertise, experience, passion, and most importantly, willingness to share that passion with the community. We have broken down the program into 6 streams:
Art and Culture: A great way to appreciate the art and culture that surrounds us: Jewish humor, famous cultural icons, our languages, music, poetry, and sports.
History and Heritage: The major historical events that affected us: our family stories, when put together become world events: the wars, revolutions and great stories of survival.
Jewish values and tradition: From spiritual connections to current world events; the beliefs, interaction with other religious groups and global issues.
Politics and Social Issues: Current hot issues in world politics that concern us and the State of Israel, anti-semitism aspects that impact us, how we can help and contribute to society we are part of and strengthen the Jewish community we belong to.
Entrepreneurship & Innovation: From Innovation, to startups and product commercialization, to leadership development. Gain valuable skills, network and insight from prominent speakers in the field of entrepreneurship and business management.
Self-Development & Personal Growth: This area encompasses various areas such as social and professional skills improvement, nutrition, exercise, spiritual development, cuisine, and many others!
Interested in becoming a presenter at Limmud FSU Canada 2016 Explore Conference? We want to hear from you: our self-nomination application is now available! Apply here.
Children “Young Limmudnik” Program:
Childrens’ program offers a variety of hands-on activities, workshops, artwork, sports and performances, led by professional children educators. The program is designed for ages 5-17 and will be broken down into different age groups with special programming for each. So you can relax and enjoy the adult program while your kids are occupied and having fun! Parents are also able to join our young Limmudniks for special ‘family-sessions’ including cooking workshops and surprise performances!
Please see more information on the Kids Program Sessions.
Facilities & Transportation:
The conference will take place at the beautiful spacious facilities offered by the Schwartz Reisman Center JCC (Lebovic Campus).
Transportation to Schwartz Reisman Center JCC from a number of key city locations may be offered. If you require transportation, please indicate so on the registration form and selecting preferred pick up location.
Conference Registration and Fees:
Adult (18+): $75 Couple: $120
Child (5-17): $30 Child (0-5): Free
“Bring-a-friend” 10% discount coupon up to 1 friend per person. Discount code will be produced upon registration completion, to be shared with a friend.
Registration to the conference is done online, along with payment process via Paypal or with a credit card. REGISTER HERE and join the excitement of Limmud FSU!
Cancellation policy: No general refunds of fees will be made, refund requests for special circumstances will be assessed on the case-by-case basis. by emailing email@example.com.
Vendors: If you want to become a vendor and exhibit/offer your products for sale, please follow the VENDOR REGISTRATION link to be approved for participation.
At the Conference:
- – Upon your arrival, you need to register with the front help desk. There you will receive a personal name tag, brochure with the final schedule, description of each program and short bios of speakers and presenters. Please note the registration opens at 8:30am and closes at 9:30am.
- – Kosher delicious breakfast, lunch, and light dinner in the evening will be provided. Refreshments and hot drinks throughout the day
- – First speaker session is scheduled for 9:30am.
- – Official conference opening ceremony is scheduled for 11:30am.
- – Vendor fair held throughout the conference day
- – Meet your old friends and make new ones over meals and during the sessions
- – At 6:30pm and into the evening, you are invited to Jamming with your friends and family, singing your favorite songs together, led by talented musicians from our community.
If you have small children and noone to leave them with for the day of the conference, SRC JCC offers babysitting services for ages 18 months+, with professional daycare staff. They have flexible drop-off (for an hour/two/more), and charge an additional small fee. If you’re interested in the daycare services, please indicate so on the conference registration online form, and contact us for further details.
All our events are planned by a team of passionate and committed volunteers. This volunteer culture is at the heart of Limmud’s philosophy.
You can choose to volunteer at the conference during online registration. You will then be contacted by one of our volunteer coordinators before the conference.
What do Limmud FSU events look like?
Best way to get excited is to see it. Want to see how did last years’ festivals go?
You’re invited to browse through Videos and Photo Gallery from past Limmud FSU conferences.
And here is what past participants say about their personal Limmud FSU experiences.
We believe we can make this year’s conference an unforgettable educational and cultural experience that will have a long lasting impact on Jewish communities across Canada. Come join us and take part in the fast-growing Limmud FSU world-wide movement!!